Wednesday, October 28, 2009

5hrs of pure hell, but... (supposed to post last night)

I finally got the boys cupcakes all finished. After my mishap this morning with the eggs, I returned home and dove right into the project. Thankfully Baby T was good today and only interrupted me twice... once for lunch and once because he...umm...filled his pants (right when I was elbow deep in batter). I got him all cleaned up and shipped off to bed for a nap, then returned to my kitchen where 50 cupcakes lined my counter top ready to be decorated. After about 2hrs into it all, it looked something like this:


Um, yeah, it doesn't look like it will ever end does it? That picture actually does no justice because all of the mess was on ME! After about 3hrs, it finally looked like I was getting somewhere:


Yes, those will be little vampire bats!

Around this time, General Hospital decided to aire, so I decorated half-way in the kitchen half-way in the living room..lol! I made many goof ups during this time because one of my favorite (and very sexy) actors was permanently replaced on the show, so I was really busy yelling at the screen at this new guy... and contemplated throwing a few cupcakes at him, but decided his ugly mug wasn't worth screwing up my adorable cupcakes.

Finally, after 5 really long hours, I got them all done. It was one of the most ridiculous projects I've ever done, but it was sooo worth it because they are the CUTEST cuppycakes I've ever seen!

My little munchkins are so excited to take these to school! I wish I would've gotten a pic of their faces when they saw these, because it was priceless! I love doing things like this for the kids, it makes me feel like I'm doing a really great job as a mom... and the kids love it too!

No comments:

Post a Comment