Friday, November 6, 2009

He smells like wahhhh?!?!?

GRRR!! This whole daylight savings thing has me all screwed up!! It took only a week for me to make my first goof-up... I turned off the alarm and slept in, causing the boys to miss the bus. It was cool though because we live only 6 blocks away from the school, so I was able to drive them.

Now to the funny part.

I drop them off and on my way out to the car, I was cut off by the school Social Worker. Like, really cut off! She gives me the stink eye, then said "Mrs. Wilcox, we need to have a chat"... rut-roh!! What the hell did they (the boys) do now?!

::Mind you, I'm a VERY snarky person.::
SW: "Is there a reason why Christopher comes to school everyday smelling like alcohol?"
Me: "Are you suggesting that my son downs a beer every morning before school?"
SW: "Well I'm not sure, you know how kids are these days."
Me: "He's 5. He's got a few more years before he picks up that habit"
SW: "Mrs. Wilcox, is there a problem in the home that we should be aware about."
Me: Well, yeah, there's all sorts of them. Currently my house smells like crap cause Trent here done took a dump before we left. You wanna come help me air out the house?"
SW: "Mrs. Wilcox, this is a serious matter. No need for the jokes right now."
Me: "Ah yes, it is serious isn't it. I'll tell you what serious though. Christopher's allergies. He has to take a nasal spray every morning to keep him from sneezing his snot all over everyone's clothes. By the way, nice jacket. Anyhoo, I'll gladly run back up to the house to get the spray to prove it to you that it really does smell like a brewsky."
SW: "Could you? Because that would help solve this problem."
He heh he heh he!!! Yeah, that was my morning. Explaining to someone that my 5yr old does not have a drinking problem, and that it's just his nasal spray! It's nice to see that PC employee's actually do their jobs though. What turned into a simple misunderstanding could have been a real problem. Ah, the joys of motherhood. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment