Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Update

For someone who's life is routinely shit upon, I'm surprised that I've hardly had anything to say in the past 2 weeks. Things have been going...um...err...quite well! Since quitting that hell-hole, my stress level has come WAY down and thankfully, my bank account hasn't noticed that I've quit!
The boys have been keeping me busy and thanks to Thanksgiving break and the upcoming Christmas break, I imagine I'll be even more busy with them. We've got plenty to do though! This past weekend we went to my niece's birthday party held in St. Joe, MO, at the Ramada Inn Monkey Cove Waterpark, and it was a BLAST!!! Expensive, but a blast no-doubt! The 2 older boys rode down this huge 5 story tall water slide, waded in the lazy river, and played water basketball. Baby T stayed mostly in the "baby area" and played with a few other toddlers that were running around. He loved the water sprinkler and the mini slide, but was scared shitless of this ginormous bucket that filled up with water then dumped overhead! He definitely kept an eye on that bucket the whole time. There wasn't any way he was gonna let it dump all over him... that is until I picked him up and went and stood under it just for shits and giggles...lol! Ah, he got so mad at me! Later on that night we had a major pillow fight and pigged out on some pizza. Twas a great, great night.
Now, it's time to talk turkey to me. Thanksgiving, what a wonderful holiday you are. So much heavenly goodness to indulge in.... I can't wait! My step-father has mastered the deep fried turkey, mom's stuffing NEVER disappoints, and you can't forget about the oh-so-loved canned cranberry sauce. YUMMO!!!! Seriously. Can't. Wait! This year I'll be contributing a fruit salad. My late Grandmother used to make a delicious fruit salad but we never got her recipe before she passed. We've tried every fruit salad under the sun but to no avail... until last Thanksgiving. I had stumbled across a recipe on Food Network, and decided to give it a try. Success at last! So now, I've been blessed to step into Grandma's shoes and take her place as the fruit salad maker. I'll be posting the recipe on Menu Monday soon!
Speaking of Menu Monday, I'll be changing it up a bit. As a mother of 3 rambunctious little boys, it's kinda hard to keep up with this blog, let alone 2 blogs! So, from now on I'll only be posting recipes that seem worthy enough. Mmmkay?!
Well hell's bells, it's my show time, and I get very cranky if I have to miss a show. Childbirth didn't even get in the way of me watching my show. That's how dedicated I am to a fantasy life of mobsters, crime, sexy men, and whore-ific women :)
Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment